CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

ISSAC HAYES ARTICLE DECEMBER 2006 IN MEMPHIS MAGAZINE

Thanks so much to everyone who has visited the blog here and left such warm and loving comments about Isaac Hayes. Everyone at the Soulsville Foundation is still very shocked and we held an internal moment of silence today for all who work here.

I was lucky enough a couple of years ago to sit down and interview Mr. Hayes at length for a cover story for Memphis magazine and for those of you who live in faraway lands, I have posted a link to it below. It was the December 2006 issue of the publication and in it Mr. Hayes offers some interesting insight into his life and David Porter talks about his lifelong soul brother.

The more recent photos are by Andrea Zucker.

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks,
Tim
http://www.memphismagazine.com/gyrobase/Magazine/Content?oid=oid%3A22752

1 comments:

sunny said...

I was a budding young teacher when "The Black Moses" came through the Columbia Metopolitian Airport. As he spoke to me, I was so in awe...so starstruck... that I couldn't ask him for his autograph! After wearing out TWO of his "Greatest Hits" cassettes, I told my students that was one moment in my life I most regretted.
As a Drama Coach, I used much of his sultry music. The added orchestra accompanyment made his music exquisite.
He will be sorely missed, and I will forever regret my missed opportunity.
Love to his Family